Hi! I'm Alexandra
I’m curious about creating intelligent machines that will be able to assist people in solving a variety of challenging tasks. As an AI researcher, I want to develop intelligent systems strengthening their application for social good and hindering those that have ill intentions. I have a strong belief that we can make our society more sustainable and fairer with education, science, and open-mindedness.
Given that, I’m teaching and doing research at the Bayesian methods research group under the supervision of prof. Dmitry Vetrov. Moreover, I’m happy to be a visiting graduate student at the University of Toronto & Vector Institute working with prof. Animesh Garg. My current research interests are neural ODEs, bayesian methods, meta/multi-task reinforcement learning, causality. Link to my CV.
Integration of Deep Neural Models and Differential Equations (workshop at ICLR 2020)
Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section A: Accelerators, Spectrometers, Detectors and Associated Equipment
Invertible Neural Nets and Normalizing Flows (workshop at ICML 2019)
- YSDA: Bayesian methods in Machine Learning, fall 2020, practical sessions instructor
- HSE: Machine Learning 1, fall 2019, practical sessions instructor
- YSDA: Bayesian methods in Machine Learning, fall 2019, practical sessions instructor
- HSE: Introduction to programming, fall 2018, practical sessions instructor
- MIPT Olympiad summer school, summer 2016, teaching assistant
- Increased State Academic Scholarship (September 2019 - August 2020)
- Best Poster Award, EEML summer school (July 2019)
- Increased State Academic Scholarship (September 2017 - January 2018)
- Scholarship of Charitable Foundation for the Development of Innovation Education (February 2015 - January 2016, September 2016 - July 2017)
Talks & Presentations
- An Empirical Study of Neural ODEs, poster at DLRL Summer School, August 2020
- Neural ODE and Hamiltonian Systems, talk at the Workshop on Physics inspired Machine Learning, HSE, January 2020 (slides)
- Semi-Conditional Normalizing Flows for Semi-Supervised Learning, poster at AI Journey Conference, Moscow, November 2019
- Neural ODE and FFJORD. Reproducition and extension of experiments, poster at EEML Summer School, July 2019
- Neural Ordinary Differential Equations, talk at ML workshop, HSE Study Center ”Voronovo”, June 2019 (slides)
- Neural Ordinary Differential Equations, talk at DataFest Conference, Moscow, May 2019, (slides)
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, lecture for schoolchildren, Moscow, March 2019, (slides in Russian)
I'm happy to work with children as a volunteer at the Russian Janusz Korczak Youth Center. The main goal of our Center is the development of humanistic and inclusive education in Russia. We organize the integration children’s camp ”Nash Dom” (that means "our home" in Russian), where we work with both ordinary children and children with disabilities. More information about the Center (in Russian).
One of my passions is art, so several years ago I graduated from the International School of Floristic Design ”Nikole” as a master of design and floristics. Although I've never been working as a designer, I like drawing from time to time and share my sketches on Instagram.
I deeply love our planet and all its inhabitants, so I'm vegan and in my spare time, I take part in various ecological activities. Also, I like spending vacations hiking around the Siberian mountains and Kamchatka's volcanoes with my family and friends.